PVC

Saturday 24 September 2011

A disco mix for an Indian Summer


I put together a mix of some of my current disco favourites in hope/celebration of an Indian summer. Its looking good here. The weatherman said it could reach the 80's..

The mix features old tracks, re-edits and new tracks, but it all stays firmly rooted in a funky disco box.

There are a lot of tracks here that come from the work of Al Kent. I have been an admirer and collector for a while now. Check out his blog at: http://www.milliondollardisco.com/

The voice you hear at the beginning is a 1970's Philadelphia DJ called Ramona. I stole it from this YouTube audio recording: 

The track by New Ghetto Express is a cover version of the Funkadelic track "Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On".

The Dinosaur track is an Arthur Russell piece, I love his stuff, I play it out whenever I can get away with it. This one has David Byrne freaking out on guitar. I am really into the whole home-made/improv style Arthur Russell has. Genius. If you need to begin your Arthur Russell collection try this: The World Of Arthur Russell.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the mix.. please let me know if you do, and I will put more up.

Thanks for listening.
Simon x

No comments:

Post a Comment